• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I only catch walleyes in November???

ssaamm

Hello, I live on a lake and bass fish for the most part. The last few years when the water hits the upper 40's I walleye fish and have had some pretty good luck. Usually I jig or Lindy rig. The day Obama got elected I caught about 12 walleyes between 15 and 25in. It was the best walleye fishing that I have ever had. The spot is about 18-20ft just off of a weedy flat. Do you think if I trolled spinners and crawlers behind a bottom bouncer in summer or early fall that I might have similar luck. I catch one now and then while bass fishing throughout the year. Thanks for any info. Sam

You really should be able to catch them pretty much anytime as long as the season is open. What you need to find out is what they have to eat at certain times of the year. Most lakes start out in spring with walleyes relating to shore lines because of the spawn. As the season progresses they tend to move to center bars and deeper drop offs. Right now it might be more water temperature that makes them stay at that depth. There food supply is close by and they like that temp.

I think you Answered you own Q. When the water temp is right the Walleyes are there. Find the right temp and you find the Walleyes.

Walleye feed more and are more active when the water temp is right (rule of thumb is around the temp they spawn). Find that water temp to find the most active fish!

When the water temp is the same in that area in the spring the season is most likely not open.

you must have fished a clear lake.. usually that time of year the eyes are a bit more shallower, but move back out for the most part come ice up in that very depth. spring/fall locals will be the same, but come summer look at, at least 25 ft or better again depending on clarity.. clear i would look at the 30 + range. if you can run a down rigger on your boat and troll cranks down to water over 25 ft it would be helpful! at the very least run a planer board set up with a quick change weight or diver. off shore tackle is one of the best and do yourself a favor and upgrade to the tattle flag kit. go to their site for more info.you can run worm harnesses with their in-line diver and get down there with their set up!