• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The new miracle bait for panfish?

RHW

Never used it but I was out with a guy fishing a few weeks back that had some. He caught some crappies and gills with it, seemed to work pretty good. Is it really made of seal skin, or was it at one point made of seal skin and its been changed since? Where do you buy it?

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Hey R... I got some at Mike's early in the winter and have used it on a few occasions. I can't say that it did better than waxies, but it certainly wasn't any worse either. I think it has its place as a replacement or alternative bait, like plastic. Fish under the ice are fickle though and they may destroy this stuff one day and not touch it again for three weeks. Before going out on the ice, cut this into 1/2-3/4 inch strips and put them back into the container it comes in. Cutting it on the ice is a pain. In its natural state it is the color of a waxie. I colored some with food coloring and zip-locked them. Had much better luck with the colored ones. As I said, I caught fish the five or six times I used the stuff, but like power bait or bio bait, it is not a sure fire substitute.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]