• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Light vs. Dark/Male vs. Female Crappie/Fathead Minnows

river-rat4

I've had a lot more luck on light Crappie minnows than I have had on dark(I think male), in the past years.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just JOB STRESS?

IT'S BETTER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, THAN PERMISSION.-RR4

It could all boil down to the color scheme. I know that certain colors can out perform other colors on a given day, maybe the same holds for minnows? But I have never personally noticed any real difference. You might be on to something, keep us posted on further results. Thats the beauty of fishing, you never know what is going to happen on any given day and the possibilities are almost endless smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Dusty....Great obsevation! I have been a believer of tossing the black males in late spring and using only the lighter, silvery females for many, many years! The waldos just do not take to the black ones. The fish dictate what they prefer and the savy angler will pay attention to what is working the best. Even slight coloration variables in minnows can give fish lockjaw and crappies are no less like that. When , and if, I buy minnows, I always buy way more than what I will need so I get a good selection of size and color. Winter seems to be the most consistant color-wise.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]