• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for crappies on Lake Winnibigoshish

Matt Johnson

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

Hmmm, Winni huh, that can be tough for crappies through the ice. Might want to post this in the Winnibigoshish Forum or else drop an e-mail to one of the people up in that area. A big lake with a lot of likely spots, and I would be willing to bet it is a hit or miss lake for winter crappies. Let us know what you find out.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 12-25-2003).]

Take the drive to Cutfoot Sioux. You wont be disapointed. It aint that far anyway. You will be hard pressed to find crappies on Big Winni. Go out the Cutfoot access and you will se the community spot there. It is a good place to start. I caught a 1pound 3 ounce bull gill out of there last January. I fish Winni many times over the course of a winter and you would be better of chasing slabs on cutfoot. They all run close to or over a pound.

Good Fishin,

Trapper

I am looking for any help on spots on lake winni for crappies. I normally fish for eyes and perch, but am looking for some more fun. I am normally fishing around Denny's resort or the south end of the lake. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Little Cutfoot is a good choice for those crappies. I use the Federal access you have a hump heading out on the right you should be able to see it on the Map, good sunny fishing might be hard to find, then if you head out to the gap the first point on the right you have a thirty foot hole which comes in from the main Lake, 50 yards off shore left of the point,you should do well. Good Luck. Protrapper is right the crappies are a pound or bigger.

[This message has been edited by fishnutbob (edited 12-26-2003).]

Fished Cutfoot 12-31 and I caught my 10 crappies most where pound or bigger. Had to fish hard for them. Fished the hump out from the federal access. Drove out in our trucks ice was in good shape. I caught my slabs on a red glow fat boy with euros. The slabs where tight to the bottom in 27 feet. The bite was tough lotta finesse.

Good Fishin,

Trapper