• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SHAMPOOS AND FLEA AND TICK PRODUCTS

reinhard1

i'm taking my chocolate lab pup to the vet for the first time soon [have to find a good one in my area]. i know the vet can reccommend certain products and that they would work. i am wondering what products you use for your dog that work best for you. thanks. good luck.

as far as tick products, seems like my vet is head over heals for frontline, although I will be trying advantix next year, find too many ticks that are double their size feeding; but if you find a shampoo that kills ticks after walking through a forest of them let me know!

thanks for that information. if i remember right i think we used frontline on our previous dogs also. it's been awhile since we had dogs in our house and was wondering what was new and what works for everyone out there. good luck.

I used Frontline the last two years, works ok for me. Prior to that I used BioSpot. That worked too, but I changed due to so many others using Frontline, and I don't like the main ingredient in BioSpot (personal opinion).

Vets? I go to Oak Grove Aniaml Hopsital on 9 and 22. Nice competant vets that charge a fair price, Dr Lisa Johnson is who I've used lately. When I first got to Andover went to the Vet behind Festival, they were outrageous $, nice facilty, but very expensive.

thanks for that information. i'll check your vet out. i dont mind driving a little for a good vet. i called the one in Andover behind Festival today because they were close. you are right that they are pricey. all i wanted was my pups 3 months shot and the gal there tells me about a "wellness package" for $235 bucks. Lucy has all her shots up to this point. good luck.

thanks again H Bear. i called Oak Grove Animal Hosp. and it looks like i'm going to spend $70 bucks for what Lucy needs. They are no longer at the corner of 22 and 9. they are at their new location 1/4 mile south from there. good luck.

I use frontline as well. The thing that most people do is forget to put it on every month. That is sometimes it goes 4 to 6 weeks before they remember. Make a certain day of the month (mine happens to be the 1st) and put it on.

Glock

i brought my pup in yesterday for the snip; and asked her for anything better than frontline, she just told me to follow the directions and to add a few drops closer to the top of the dog's head as that is where alot of ticks tend to be, she also said if the dog swims alot, to add the F line earlier than the 30 days, more like every 3 weeks, just a FYI

The Wellness package haha! I think I remember that, it comes with a toothbrush. Besides the price, my biggest disconnect with them was when the the vet tech said to me while demonstrating how to brush my dogs teeth "Sir, you seem so disintersted?" Really?

I hope Oak Grove works out for you and enjoy the new pup!