• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

blue stabil is this for boats?

mrpike1973

hi if i mix fresh non oxy gas with oil and this blue stabil run it in the moter then shut it off. leaving it in the carb and lines. will this be ok i was told not to run it dry. then store it thanks for your help. this is for winter storage

sorry i forgot to tell 1978 15 hp evinrude. how do you drain a carb and how do you fog it. i thought thats what the stabil does thanks

Stabil, just stabilizes the gas. Helps prevent water and corrosion from forming. Its just a gas treatment.

sorry i forgot to tell 1978 15 hp evinrude. how do you drain a carb and how do you fog it. i thought thats what the stabil does thanks

Add the blue stabil just like you said. 1 oz for every 5 gallons for storage, run the engine in a tank or with water muffs etc, long enough for the treated gas to treat the entire fuel sytem. I would say at least 5 minutes. At this point you can fog the engine. While engine is still running, spray FOGGING OIL into the carburator. Do this long enough to produce a fair amount of smoke and shut her down. It is not neccesary to empty the can in there.

Drain the lower unit, checking for signs of water, replace drain screw gaskets and refill with new gear lube.

Grease any grease zerks you can find.

What you will need:

Blue Stabil

Storage Fogging Oil

Marine Gear Lube

Drain Screw Gaskets

grease gun w/marine grease

Fogging your motor:

While the engine is running, spraying Carb/Choke cleaner directly into the carb until the motor almost dies. Repeat a few times.

It will smoke like crazy, but that's a good thing. smile

Spraying carb cleaner in the motor is the last thing you want to do for storage. Carb cleaner breaks down the protective oils you want coating the cylinder walls and other components, thus potentially providing a spot for rust to form and damage the motor. FOGGING OIL is what you want to use.

thanks for the help. ran stabil through it for 10 minutes, fogged it. drained lower unit put new gaskets in. took spark plugs out sprayed fogging in plug holes. lower unit oil was dark brown but no sign of water or metal. checked wheel bearings all good tucked my baby away until next spring thanks for all your help.