• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thqnksgiving Day

CrappieJohn

Thanksgiving is a day away and while life goes by unfettered for most of us, I just want to take a moment and bid all of the readers here on this forum a Happy Thanksgiving. I always look at this day as the un-official start of the hard water period. I'll be (hopefully) looking thru the scope on my 45 cal. in-line, again hopefully, at antlers on this day, but for those who are venturing out to fish....be safe and don't take chances. Have a great Thankgiving Day guys....Tom

Matt....We have four so far for the three of us, one a very nice six point that I got Tuesday evening. We have two tags to fill and hope to do that Friday or Saturday. Gonna try the ice this weekend?

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Crappie T. Look through the scope but don't pull the trigger till sat. I'll be out then too with my 1864 Springfied smoothbore 20g. Maybe this will be the year. Since the start of the state-wide Muzzleloader seasons I've had two perfect opertunities, 1st I had a misfire during a wet snow storm. The 2nd I just shot over the top of a fawn. (excuses excuses), I have no rear sight, just a front bead. What more could you ask for from a 140 year old gun? Good luck this year.

Fish....I saw the granddaddy of the whitetails this afternoon about 10 minutes before the end of legal daylight. 12 points and had to have had at least 28 inches in width on the inside. The g1's are about 13"! and he has tremendous mass throughout the rack. It was that 200 yard shotI was looking at that prevented the shot...in the open and in the wind at a quarter angle away. Just wasn't worth the agony of a bad hit. By the way...I hunt my in-line 45/scoped during the doe season when the weather is nice and use the slug gun when things are less than nice. Good luck to you during your season and be safe!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]