• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Bolt

Chuby Minnow

full-12605-12935-9_2_2006_06.jpg

Bolt had a lot of trouble recently and is now gone to heaven which hopefully is a pheasants dark place. I’d like to think he is going nuts now chasing pheasants all day long as he did when he was young along with the occasional cat at grandma’s cabin. Really Mom, he just wanted to say hi and give her a kiss…..

I wish….

He were still here.

He was by my side this morning watching Fox news waiting to go out and be fed.

That I could give him one more bowl of food.

That I could tell him Good Boy one more time.

That I could give him one more treat.

That my son could pet him one more time.

He crapped on the floor so that my wife would tell me about it when I got home.

We were up north and he was running in front of the four wheeler.

We were just limiting out behind him on pheasants.

That I could pour him one more bowl of cold water after a great day of pheasant hunting.

That he was fetching his first duck on my honeymoon.

That I was training him and he was just starting to be a big part of our life.

That my apartment manager would complain at me about having a dog in the apartment before moving.

That he was so small, he slept in my laundry basket.

That we were at Christmas at Mom’s and he relieved himself on her floor when he was a pup.

That I could get him for Christmas and surprise the kids.

That I was just picking him out of the liter today. What a decision that was.

I could not ask for a better friend, hunter and family member.

I will always miss him and he will always be in our hearts. Thanks for the friendship and memories Bolt. Love, Dad, Pam, Allen and Alanna.

We all miss you dearly……..

Keep him in your thoughts and heart and all those wishes will come true each and every time you think of him. The day we say goodbye is a day we dread the instant we pick them out of a litter. Hang in there, each day the pain will loosen it's grip.

Godspeed Bolt! Hunt 'em up!

Ken

I'll echo what Ken said as he speaks the truth. It's been about a month since I had to let go of my lil' Jasmine. Time will ease the pain of your loss. It's a tough road, but hang in there. Bolt will always be with you in your heart and dreams. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this tough time.

Godspeed Bolt.

Thanks guys. I would have never thought it would be as hard as it is. First pup and first loss. Nothing has brought me to tears so many days in a row.

Sure love the wish for him to "hunt-em-up" He sure liked that saying. It really got him going.

He's probably playing tug-a-war with his favorite toy and not quitting till he wins. Then runs back to u and nudges you with it so you will try again.

So sorry to hear. It's always tough! It will never get easy! But it's even tougher to get rid of the great memories! And that is a good thing. They will be with you forever!

Hunt em up Bolt! RIP

your story i have read since i came on HSO, and they were all tearjerkers as well as yours. just now typing with my little lucy [ 10 week old chocolate lab] at my feet. having lost our loved dogs i know how hard it is to loose him.

i know how tough it is right now, but he will be in your memories always and is in a good place. very sorry for your loss. Reinhard

I feel your pain CMinnow. I had to make the difficult choice to send my beloved chocolate lab of 7yrs Morgan down the highway to doggy heaven this Monday. a person does not realize how close you get to them until they are gone. I have managed to get through the last few days thinking of all the good memories we had together.

RIP Morgan