• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

off-site

CrappieJohn

I'd be throwing the heavy stuff for lakers in Superior and I want to try those new tubes for a while again. Just went through the freezer and I do not have any trout left. Gotta recharge. After doing this little trip it will have been six days with grandkids...coming home and going to work is going to be peaceful...I'm too old for this punishment. If I went fishing on Thursday I'd get lost in a reverie, but it will be work. While I stand on the breakwater and cast, occasionally getting to talk with some two-legged scenery, I will think of you here, enjoying the heat and humidity. Ahhhh....what are the rich doing today????

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

3" on Owasso

I havent been able to get out much lately as i have been working 3 jobs to save up some money for school. But i will be getting out the weekend before labor day. should get some slabs then

[This message has been edited by Bobb-o (edited 07-31-2003).]

Bout the same here UJ. Shameful, isn't it? As far as tearing up the 7"ers, try to find out what they are eating. If you deep hook one that is going to die, open it up and chech the gut contents. Minnows will be a grainy muck...bugs will be a real dark pasty muck. If these fish are on bugs, try moving to deeper water or even changing your fishing times to very early day or very late day. Maybe changing to a different weed bed will help. Perhaps you should try fishing just before a weather front. The big one are there if you catch them at other times of the year. You did not state whether the body of water you are working is connected to other waters. If it is, you may have to move to an entirely differnt lake to find them. Crappies tend to hang out in year-classes or size-classes. If you don't tag into one good one now and agin, chances are the big boys are off doing what the brutes do in your lake.

------------------
[email protected]

Im still fishin them with the boys...

same ol same ol for me....

All the 7-9" you can real in, but VERRRRRYYYY few above that... some are even getting embarassing... fishing with Mister Mom the other day, he had on 1/4 oz jighead with 3" tail and still caught 4" crappies !!!

Catching at Waconia, Whate Tail, Auburn, Parley, pretty much everywhere that has them...

Wally

Empty guts vs. packed full bellys. I am not sure whats better in respect to the nature of the bite.

I do know that I have some of thee best fishing for Crappies when their bellies are bulging and they [PoorWordUsage] all over when you touch them. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

I kept some that were deeply hooked, and the guts were 100% empty...

Ive tried later in the day, with the same results... Im just resolved at this point ot be happy catching craps !!! Some larger ones would be great.... but for now Im ramping up for my camping trip to Vermilon...

Wally

Wally..Empty guts are good. Means they are hungry. I'd be willing to bet that the fish are on a bug bite. Minnows and other verabrates do not digest as quickly, even given the warmer water. Your larger fish are most likely deep in the weeds, probably preferring the low light periods to come out and play. Possibly even after dark.

------------------
[email protected]