• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pannie floaters- a new product

CrappieJohn

Catch-N Tackle has just introduced a new "Panfish Floater" that certainly shows great promise. Hopefully mine will arrive shortly. I will have to fall of my "plastics wagon" to field test these little jewels, which are offered in sizes 4 and 6 and come in several color schemes. Like thier larger cousins, designed for the waldo species, they too have a reversed hook which promises certain hook-ups. And they are soft! Anyone interested in seeing these pups, and they are not out on many shelves yet(trust me), you can catch a glimpse of them in a thread at the open water forum. Or you can go to the maker's HSOforum at Catch-n.com

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

UJ....I'm not sure that we will get to do much with the smaller floaters do to the river setting, but we are going to run some live bait on the larger sized ones to seehow well they perform and if the issue of line twist shows itself. We plan to be back mid-afternoon tomorrow, so I will post the results of what we find then.

------------------
[email protected]

We did our mighty river trip this morning, but with very limited success. I got to fish the hook up floaters as promised and had a total of four hits..one with a willowcat and three with leeches...landed on silver bass. The other three hits came as I was working the second rod and I missed them. These pups are quite the trick: no line twist whatever, eyes are cleaned for easy tying and they have a unique action that is subtle but present. We also got to work the Ring-n Grubs, from the same manufacture, and got one bass and had another hit with them, both as is- no bait. These lures are everything I thought they would be when I first saw them. The tails are hyper active at rest! And the drop rate is slower than similar twisters of the same length, more than likely due to the air-trapping rings along the body which offer a bit more resistance in the water and the fact that the body is sort of "pudgie". What really got my attention about this bait was the profile of the body coupled with the fine rings on it. These lures are so alive that they almost tickle your hand just holding one of them! Basically, we met every end to which we set out to meet and I am not the least bit disappointed in the outcome even for the lack of fish. And hey, nobody was catching fish today that we saw. At the end of the trip we did find some schooling stripers and we tossed some topwaters to them and we caught a total of three more. And Mike got a nice northern as well. These are outstanding lures and they do catch fish! If you want more info on these critters, go to Catch-n.com.You will find it all there.

------------------
[email protected]

Phelps Tackle has a hook up weedless floater. Been using them for years, weedless helps. Try them on a fly rod, you might be surprised.

Huh, any reason why my post on another floater brand is not showing up in this thread? I gave good advice and input. I guess it's against the rules to offer alternatives to a brand thats advertised....

[Note from Rick: It is showing up just fine??? Oh yes, and Phelps is a very fine floater.]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-10-2003).]

I have had good luck with the Phelps Floaters. I think they are very durable and don't spin. My biggest complaint about floaters is the fact that they spin in current or at higher speeds. Phelps has that one figured out real well.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I fished for about four hours using the Catch-n floaters and could find no evidence of them rolling and twisting the line either. The fishing was done on the Mississippi River where current came into play as well as boat speed... they performed flawlessly.

------------------
[email protected]