• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

150 V Max problem

Hester

Hey, I have a Yamaha 150 V Max and at 4000 RPMs the motor starts to stutter or back off. It runs great untill it hits that 4000 mark then it just slows down. Is that a spark plug issue or is it something else? And is it ok to keep running the motor untill I figure out how to fix it?

thanks for any tips

hester

I have a 2000 150 VMAX HPDI. I don't pay much attention to RPM but I had a problem this summer if I got up over 30 mph or close to WOT the engine would bog down and send my passenger into the front of the boat. Brought it in and ended up being the fuel pump. Replaced the fuel pump and no problems since. I was also having problems with starting the engine after I had been running it for a while. It would start right up when cold but after fishign for a while I would have to use the choke and give it gas to get it started. This was cured by the new fuel pump as well. I have no idea if that is your problem but it sounds like we were having similar issues.

muskie

Yup, it was a dirty fuel filter. Nice to have a cheap fix this time. Its my first year with a real boat so I am still learning all the ins and outs of things. Now I can check that one of my list. I already had a leaf spring snap in two while cruising down the highway (scary) and my tilt trim shmit the bed this year too (spendy). So I was glad to see such a minor fix.

Thanks for all you guys help.

Hester