• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Field Trial

Bryce

Big thank you to our resident judge for your time. Hope Madison kept you entertained. Sounds like you had a solid group of dogs to judge. My wife says the winner was a pretty obvious choice. JAM in her first attempt is something we can enjoy. She is resting quietly at home tonite for the first time since November. She may now get a 2 weekend stint in Missouri after trainers return from master nationals.

Your welcome Bryce, it was a fun bunch of dogs to judge, and a fun trial to judge, we were able to carry dogs and only dropped three that didn't take themselves out. Your wife was correct, first place was a clear winner, 2nd. 3rd. and 4th. were somewhat closer. Derby are fun to judge but tough at the same time because sometimes it's hard to get the seperation that you need with out setting up something really tough and losing to many dogs.

Maddie looks like a really nice dog, plenty of go and it appears that she can mark. She made alittle noise, as the marks were going down, and as she was sent but nothing that I noted, in alot of cases with a dog like her it may go completly away as things get tougher, and the standard goes higher.

If you'de like you can shoot me an email and I'll send you her judging sheet.

[email protected]

Todd

Had a very solid showing last weekend making it to the 4th series as one of the dogs to beat along with 2 teammates. 300 yard bird that they had to cross technical water knocked them all out. Done until Texas. Introduced her to the duck rig today. Work isn't calling. Feeling a bout of the dengue fever setting in. Think I'll have to lay myself off from highway const and get her into her first hunting season. Club in the am to work out and then on the water near Appleton by noon. NW wind should produce some big water greenheads. Divers further east the next morning.