• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Panfish Rods

IceHawk

Okay all you Gill and Crappie Hunters. I am looking at purchaseing a new panfish stick to add to my aresenal. What are some of the rods you guys prefer? I am leaning twoards a falcon graphite, I have a few falcons now and I am real pleased with them.

I have a St.Croix ultra lite and it is a great rod for panfishing. I also like to use it for some eye's and have a good time with them.

[This message has been edited by Iceman12 (edited 03-12-2003).]

Try contacting Mike at HookedOnFishing. He offers custom made rods built on St.Croix blanks at his bait/tackle shop in Rochester. He is also a moderator for the Rochester forum on this site. Crapster

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait

I like a longer 7 foot one piece light action rod with a fast action for open water panfishing. The longer rod gives me better casting control to hit pockets in the weeds and also offers me better hook-sets. Its hard to find a 7 foot one piece light action but i'm sure countrykat could spin one out?

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

click here

Another nice panfish rod is the St. Croix Premier 4'6" UL Moderate action. It runs about $50 or $60 and is extremly sensitive compared to most ultra-light rods. A lot of panfish rods you could just as easily fish with a Willow branch.