• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

e collars

fishnforevr

hi all

i was just curious if anybody has experiance with the lower end collars i have a 10 month old lab who is a runner and am looking into to getting a training collar without breaking the bank . i know what they say you get what you pay for . but just seeing if anybody can recomend something on the cheaper side. thanks for the input

The old adage that "You get what you pay for" certainly applies to e-collars. If you can spend a bit more up front, you'll be glad you did down the road.

A good bet might be to buy one used. I got a Tritronics Classic 70 from a guy who'd used it for a couple weeks and never touched it again. It was 5 years old and in great condition.

I paid $100...a steal.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of newer e-collars, but I'm easily confused, so the one-button operation is right up my alley.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Either save up and buy the best you can right out of the gate, or look around for a used one a save some dough.

I had a sport dog collar with the 1 mile range. It worked just fine, for couple of years. I too, got a Tritronics Classic 70 used for $100 and agree it was a steal.

The thing I would reccommend either way you go is get one with at least a 1 mile range. If you think my dog will never be a mile away so why would I need it? Thats not the point. You'd be surprised at how short the short range really is with terrain etc.