• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diabetes

flipper

I am afraid my lab has it. She is almost 5 years old. Recently she has been drinking water like a fiend and making messes. She has always drank a lot of water but I just thought it was because she is so active. It is just in the last week that I have had the puddles to deal with. I also found that her bed was wet today. Have any of you dealt with diabetes in a dog? I am just sick about this.

You may correct on your diagnosis, but it could also be a whole host of other things. I think a visit to your vet is in order. Kidney problems or an infection come to mind. I wouldn't dilly dally around. Dealt with full on Kidney failure once with a dog, though not reversable, I was able to keep her comfortable for her remaining days. Same thing, she drank a lot and obviously pee'd a lot also...

Good Luck!

Ken