• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Money a side what would your archery set up be.

My brother is over in Iraq right now and they are setting up an archery range and of course he had to buy a new bow. He asked me the question money a side what would you pick as your bullet proof set up not top of the line set up but bullet proof no fail set up. He was also wondering where he could find some colored serving as well. I think he is going to send his bow to the bow pimping place also.

Bow

Rest

Sight

Quiver

Stabilizer

Wrist sling

Arrow

Case

Hard question to answer everyone will have a different opinion. I would go with a really solid case with all the traveling that goes along w/ the military. When i was in the USMC we crammed everything into trucks and planes cargo containers. Everything goes from zero to light speed sometimes and gets chucked around.

Bow- Hoyt Carbon Element

Rest- not a rest I'm a fan of, but if you want bomb proof, it's hard to beat a Whisker Bisquit

Sight- Spot Hogg 5 pin fixed

Quiver- Alpine Softloc

Stabilizer- not sure it matters much

Wrist sling-not sure it matters much

Arrow- tons of good options, but far more important than the arrow itself, IMO, is keeping it protected. Any decent carbon arrow will be just fine if stored properly and not left in a place to get damaged.

Case- don't know.

JMOs above- hope that helps.