• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite crappie lakes

I keep hearing more and more about LOW and Rainy for Crappies. I always pictured these lakes as Walleye fisherys.

Guess some new vacation plans will be in the works next summer. smile.gif

thanks, Westlin

I was just wondering what everyones top 5 lakes for huge crappies would be. Here is my list. Minnewaska-pope county, Rice Lake-stearns county, Pine mountain- cass county, Mckeown-cass county, and of course everyones favorite the last few years RED lake.

Welcome to the forum LundFish Vex.

I would have to agree with LOW for slab crappies if you can find them.

Green Lake-Chisago County produces more of a quantity catch rather then a quality. You will sort through some smaller ones but there are a lot of 13 inchers in there.

Linwood Lake-Anoka County is similiar to Green.

Clearwater Lake near Brainerd produces some slabs early and late in the season.

Backwaters of the Mississippi can hold some real brutes as well. Find a pool that forms safe is and action can be hot.

And of course the famous Red Lake. Always a good bet for a wall hanger.

Good Fishin, Matt.

This year I'm going on a trip to Rainy Lake to catch MONSTER 17" crappies. I'll also have to stop in at Red to carry on tradition from the last 3 years of going at least once. "There ain't nothing like ripping papermouths"

------------------
Get 'er done

For quanity I love pocket for quality I only fish three
Gilchrist south of glenwood
Artichoke has 3#ers no lie but good luck finding them just have to put in your time and hope you get lucky no true patterns.
Oliver alot in the 15+, hidden and I wont tell. To much pressure already(SORRY) and in 98 they netted alot of them out and put them into Green lake by spicer dumba$$es I guess there is more money over there. So I guess I would also have to say that sould be good but have never fished it.

I have been to Rainy twice this year and pounded them both times! The best part is they bite all day long and their alot bigger than red!!
No offense but red is like the dead sea compared to Rainy! If anyone is interested on going up their let me know and I can post some directions!

Chode

A buddy of mine was just askin me if I had any info on Rainy Slabs...I don't even know if ya can access by truck or do ya need sleds?

Help looking for a Crappie weekend

Slugo

OK HERE IS DIRECTIONS TO NORTHWEST BAY WERE I HAVE GONE TWICE THIS YEAR AND DONE GREAT!

Take Highway 71/11west out of Fort Francis!
Stay on Highway 71/11 until you come into DEVLIN Then take 613 which is heading north, go about 20 miles and watch you will see signs for the government landing go past that and watch for a road that says LABELLS BIRCH POINT ITS A SMALL ROAD BUT YOU CANT MISS TURN RIGHT THEIR AND FOLLOW TO THE RESORT!! Pay at resort and follow plowed road out! They only fish one spot up their so you will see thats were the road goes to and you will see some trucks and houses but not many! Also the person at the resort is helpfull to!!

NOTE IF YOU MISS LABELLS BIRCH POINT ROAD AND KEEP GOING YOU WILL COME TWO THE END OF THE ROAD UP ANOTHER 5 MILES!

NOTE FISH BITE LITE!! LEAVE THE BOBBERS AT HOME!! ORANGE COLORED JIGS WORKED THE BEST FOR US!!

IF you need anymore info just ask!