• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shooting without a release

Walleyehooker

How many of you guys shoot without a mechanical release? I just bought a TRU Ball Beast and it seems like a quality release however I never used one of these before and it feels weird to me and very hard to get comfortable with it. I am old school and have always shot without one and it just feels better and can pull right to my anchor point much better. With the release I have a hard time with the anchor point and even getting the bow and sights to line up and be comfortable. I am not sure but maybe the draw length might have to be reset with the release.

After shooting fingers for years; a release will feel strange! When i switched i had to use a kisser button to help me anchor.( i clipped the release below my nock pt. the kisser was above, and i had it in the corner of my mouth where my index finger used to locate.)

Normally, you will have to shorten your draw length, and you may have to retune your bow.

I had to go to one due to arthritis in my hand. The nice thing is you get a clean release of the arrow every time. My accuracy became more consistent.

Have your draw changed, then play with it and give it some time. After a short time, i loved using one. smile

I've actually contemplated going back to shooting fingers at some point (maybe in a couple years after I'm done coaching youth hockey). The only reason I really started shooting a release was because of the callus build up I'd get on my hand while shooting in winter leagues.

The problem with shooting fingers now a days is that the axle lengths of the bows are getting so short that the new bows create a pinch on your fingers around the arrow nock.