• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some waterfalls and such

I just got back form a week long treck into the Northwoods of Norhhern WI. I spent most of the time in search of the elusive waterfall. Many to be found, 22 I think I counted in the area we camped in. We also made it to the Apostle Islands. FOr now I have some starter images I have gone through and done some rough edidting on. enjoy

136451370.jpg

136451371.jpg

136451372.jpg

136451373.jpg

136451374.jpg

Lake Superior:

136451376.jpg

Old Duluth HighSchool

136451377.jpg

Leeken, on the school I used a Canon EFS 17-85 IS USM lense. Had to do a litle barrel correction in post processing because it got a little rounded in the corners. I stood across the street on the opposing corner to get the shot. Shot at 17mm;F13 ; 1/320; +1;ISO400 with a HOYA circluar Polarizer

I love the color and clarity! It just strikes me as a little"Hogwartish". No lines that are really real. I haven't a clue as to how that all works. My 18-55 never gives me the fisheye type distortion. I am wondering at what level that starts?

Don't get me wrong, if I lived in Duluth, I'd want that image on my wall. I just am a bit confused.

Maybe camera is the issue? I shoot a 7d and a Rebel, 1.6 sensor.

I am not sure why it has that fish eye look. I use this lense all the time, But my EFS lense may be different than your EF Lense. With EFS Lenses, they do not take into account the 1.6 crop factor so it is an actuall true 17mm. This is the first time I have noticed this outcome on a shot. Some factors maybe that I was down hill and looking up and at an angle from the Corner looking across the street so I coudl get the whole thing. I was not shooting straight on. I am guess if I were straight on I would have had to have maybe a 8mm or 10mm super wide to get the whole thing. The Gentleman who lived across the street was surprised I could get the whole thing in the picture. He said many a person(s) had stopped to shot that building. I will post a couple more of that school and see what they look like.