• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Martin Firecat Pro Series SN FCX63171-7

I was given this bow and I'm trying to find out a bit about it. It has a metallic green riser and laminated wood limbs. The SN on it is FCX63171-7. As a long time Martin (Phantom) user, I think this bow is beautiful with the wood limbs, grip and inserts. The letoff seems like about 5% with the almost round cams. This bow'll make a man of ya! Does anyone know more about it? I was told it was a special edition, only 10 made, and was given as a dealer display piece. No proof of that, just what I was told once.

Tks much!

I had a very similar issue when I had a Martin bow. I could not find the bow I had or the specs for it anywhere on their site. I did finally find the specs for it by dumb luck on some random hunting forum that was unrelated to Martin. I, also, had poor luck with their customer service that I went out and got a new bow (long story).

If you got a special addition bow I think the only way to find out is from Martin. From looking at the HSOforum and browsing the net the closest I came up it is this web page http://www.martinarchery.com/2009web/firecat.php

That is the first year that bow's name comes up on their HSOforum in 2009. Again it could be way off or you have probably seen it before. Another option would be to test the draw weight, IBO etc and see what comes up closest from their past Firecat bows. Just a suggestion and hope it helps.

Good luck.

I posted an email question on the Martin support site, they promise 48 hour response time. Well, that was a week and half ago. Found a pic here http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?7073-Martin-M-44-Firecat-Old-as-the-hills! Apparently it was pretty popular back then. Went ahead and had Brian at Archery Experts restring, lube, etc. I can see why folks liked it. Tks for looking all!