• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake pepin walleyes in the spring

bigeyes75

I was wondering how the fishing is on lake Pepin down in Goodhue county? I am planning on heading down there but I have never fished the river. Just wondering were people catch walleyes and where do people access the lake? Also, should I be worried about hitting something in the lake with my new boat? I have heard of people hitting trees and other things that are floating just below the surface. Any help on this lake would be appreciated.

There is alot of ways to get on pepin.
If you are fishing early spring you would want to launch at colvil park in Red Wing then head south down the river til you get to the head of the lake.

This early in the year you would most likely do better in the river or back channel, but if you wanted to be on the lake I would stay at the head of the lake or Bay city flats.

http://www.geocities.com/wish_i_was_fishing2002