• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Michigan Salmon Fishing - Help Needed

Hey Guys...Has anyone ever fished Lake Michigan for Salmon/Trout I am planning an end of May trip over to Wisconsin somewhere. I haven't been able to find much info so I thought maybe some one here might be able to give me some first hand advice. I would appreciate any input on places to go and stay (I have a pickup camper and boat)good places to fish out of this time of year and any tips you might be willing to share. We do have planer boards and downriggers and know how to use them.

Thanks Much

i usually take a trip over there in April. we fish on the IN side close to Gary. i've experienced non-stop coho action, and a few brownies; however, watch the weather...cold and wind will really make it tough. you will be using jointed shad raps for the salmon. May will also mark the beginning of perch season...might want to spend a day out there targeting the up to 16"ers that lake can produce...really cool. let me know if you want more info.

Well, I don't know much about other areas but not much is going on in the Door County area the end of May. This is as far as Kings are concerned, it usually doesn't start picking up until the end of June.

Some guys get some Rainbows and browns at that time, but they probably won't be in the same area.

I've been further south than that, but that was in Aug and wouldn't help you much.

kk,

I'm A Lake Michigan [south end ] charter capt. Start down this way for May fishing[ Kenosha- Waukegan ] It's been a pretty good salmon bite lately when weather co-operates. Perch are just getting started around here.

Check out the "glanger" HSOforum(just google it). Click on lake Michigan and read the reports. Port Washington should be good then, coho's and browns should be biting there already.