• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WMA Archery Areas

pulleye16

Hey everyone- Do you know where I can find a map of all the Archery only WMA's or other public hunting areas? Tried the DNR sites and contacts but the response I got said there were no maps just for Archery only areas...something tells me there has to be one out there!

Thanks

You are probably right there may be one out there somewhere, but finding it may be a real challenge. One option you could do to find WMA area with Archery only is to to pull up the WMA in your county or where you hunt, on open the "find" option on your located in the Edit tab at the top of your browser. Type in the words you want it to search and it will highlight them on the screen. That way you can make shorter work of compiling your own map of archery only areas. I know it will take some work to do but in the end you have your own map for the seasons to come.

Just a suggestion if you can't find one. Good luck and happy hunting.

Hey everyone- Do you know where I can find a map of all the Archery only WMA's or other public hunting areas? Tried the DNR sites and contacts but the response I got said there were no maps just for Archery only areas...something tells me there has to be one out there!

Thanks

I don't know that there are any archery only WMAs. There are AO State Refuges. You can find these in the hunting synopsis. After you find those, get a PRIM map to see where the refuges are. I think you can order them on the DNR HSOforum.

I agree with newfish that you'll probably have the best success if you develop the map yourself. All the information is out there, you just need to take an evening and sort through it.

As the others have said, the PRIM maps are a good resource for particular areas. There are also Minnesota map atlases that you might like if you want to have data for the whole state.

Or, maybe I've got my maps confused and the PRIM maps do cover the whole state... grin

Thanks for the great advice guys. I own a few PRIM maps and they are great but I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy tons (each county) of maps. I'll manualy search WMA's and see if I can put a list of map together...I was just hoping I didn't have to "re-invent" the wheel!

Schoolcraft...that's one I was thinking of!
I've hunted it in the past and have fond memories there. Shot a mature buck there back in 1994. I think it has been extensively logged in recent years. I haven't been there in quite a few years now though. I know it has gotten a lot of bowhunting pressure in some years.