• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Running lights not working

tom heuer

I assume you mean the boat trailer? smile Probably have a fuse blown for the TR or TL noted fuse. Is this a GM later model vehicle?

The cause is a short somewhere in the brown or brwn/green brown/yellow wiring. Ours was a corroded light bar in middle of trailer.

On my old GM truck the whole truck light series would blow, but on the newer vehicles we would blow fuse in the TR or TL spot and we would get the symptoms you are having, but can't recall without looking at the fuse panel. In a 05 Trailblazer it is under the drivers side back seat. Airjer and Valv boat fixer and others will know smile

since we're on the subject....my left brake and left turn signal dont work. the three in the middle wont come on either. Any suggestions??? When i turn on my right signal i have a dim blink on the left side as well!

Shawn, yours sounds like a ground issue. You can test it by taking a wire and run it from the car to the lights that don't work temporarily. It it starts working, then you need to fix the ground. Easy to run another white to a light, then run to the other side. Or possibly just take ground off near the hitch, sand down the steel and rehook back up with cleaned connection - that will work sometimes if just a bad connection at the front of the trailer. Easier sometimes to just run a new wire wink

I have had a regular problem with the female connection on the truck at the brown wire (after winter in particular) with corrosion.

I will take a small chainsaw file and clean all of the female connections and a wire brush to all the male end and then give them a lite coat of dielectric grease. It will make them easier to connect and stop moisture from causing any more corrosion.

I just dealt with all of this trailer wiring stuff in last month. Local auto shop gave me a great tip. Take any auto battery and touch the trailer light ground (white) to the negative terminal and then touch either other wire to the positive (yellow, brown, green, whatever). if you light is good, all lights will come on at some point (and remember which lights are coordinated to each wire), then turn vehicle lights on with trailer lights, if something does not work, start checking the wiring from the light towards front of trailer. I worked for 2 weeks to solve my problem, when told this I had it done in 5 minutes!!

To the original post: if it is a sidelight issue and all other lights work, it would have to be the brown wire splice connection to your tail light or the ground on that side light.