• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost my text messages on android phone

The data can be retrieved in it's original format (saved file type) and converted into a word text file with phone numbers, contact info, the text body, times, dates, ect... How easy and usable the deleted data is depends on how long ago it was created, when it was deleted and what has been done on the phone since it was deleted. Recent deleted data will just go in a storage folder till the folder is full then the deleted content with the oldest creation dated is over written when fresh deleted stuff comes in. When the data is over written that's when things become harder because you are working with layers and they tend to mesh with eachother and mush stuff up to unusable to hours of picking the melted (lack of a better term) data apart to create the original file. Once you pull the data needed from the delete storage folder/area, to restore back into the current dir./root/folder might be a task so unless you have a restore feature, find software to do this, or really need the SMS. This means to put it back into your text (SMS) location like nothing ever happened.

I assume GSM correct? How is your phone data stored? Local storage on/in the phone, or micro SD card, or on the SIM card? The SD and SIM are the easiest. Tge local storage on non-GSM formats have been a pain so I assume GSM would be about the same. This would require access via USB to the root. These three areas of storage then can be decrypted, if you would say, with third part software programs and a little luck. The SD or SIM will require a high-speed card reader which can be found for $12-$20 a places like Office Max or Wal-Mart in tge camera and SD card area.

So you did have a backup app then and were able to retrieve your lost text? Well that would be easy. grin PI explained it best if this is the case. Glad you got your data (SMS) back. smile

Don't know how related or unrelated this is but I just lost all my messages about 40 minutes ago. I'm doing a restore right now to get my messages all back. Only thing that was going on at the moment when it happened was that Lookout was doing its thing scanning everything.

google search Myjad Android SMS Recovery..install and follow onscreen instruction after installation select what you want to retrieve and letit do its job..after all done it wont let you recover because its trail..what you can do assuming you on Win7,navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Myjad\Android SMS Recovery or read the log it created after recovering youl find everything you lost..it will be in seprate folders.....hope it gives you a smile to get you stuff back...really works

Text messages recovery is not possible on Android. Once you delete a message, then the message is long gone without the possibility to recover it. Of course, there are backup and restore applications but those applications work when you perform a backup of the text messages and later you can restore them.