• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another used boat question?

fishingguy

Spotted a used 03 alumacraft magnum 175cs. w/115 merc. Looks like it is good shape, but it was winterized fall of 09 and not run at all in 2010. Any thoughts or potential problems with either the boat its self, or more worrying the motor not being run for a year and a half? Any thought on either would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention it is a 03 carbed merc motor. ELPTO I believe. Is that even more of a potential problem? I did ask how and who winterized it. It was done by a dealer. And the gas in it is regular 97 octane non-leaded. About a half of a tank left. Any more thoughts?

Thanks for all the imput so far!!!

Get any and ALL of that old gas OUT of the motor, fuel lines and tank....NOW!

I would bet that every outboard engine mechanic frequenting these Forums will agree that one of the BIGGEST problems with today's small engines is the %*$%#$@#% gas blend available to us. The more precision the engine and fuel system the WORSE the problem with the fuel.

Ask 'em!