• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Device for controlling rpm on larger outboards

mrjigger

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket device to control the rpm's on larger outboards. I know there are a few you can attach to kicker outboards up to 20hp, but can't seem to find anything for larger HP engines.

I know yamaha's can be adjusted in 50rpm increments.

I am wondering if there is any aftermarket device similar to what the new yamaha's have.

I have searched the Internet but come up empty so far. You would think something like that would be available. I want to control my trolling speed.

Thanks

Mercury has Smart Craft System for it's midrange and larger outboards. The will ollow you to

control RMP's by use of buttons on there tach system. The system can be spendy, but if you can't do a kicker that might be an option. Just remember that if your using your large outboard to troll the hours on the motor will add up very quickly.

Mike

Yamaha has a system but it's for the 150+ size engines as far as I am aware. I know it's not available for the F115's as I talked to a number of people trying to find out info on it. Not sure on the 90hp and below.

The only ones I'm aware of is the smart gauge system for certain mercury models and I heard of a remote system for the Yamaha system.

Mercury now has this feature without having to buy the Smartcraft guage setup. It is a rocker switch that installs on the dash. Engine speed is adjusted up or down in 10 RPM increments up to 1000. Some models will also allow the idle to be lowered.

thanks guys.

I have used a drift sock in the past to control speed, but prefer to adjust the rpm. Less of a hassel.

Morepower, do you know if this rocker switch setup you are talking about is compatible with all Mercury Models? I think my mercury is a 2005 75 HP, 4Stroke, remote.

How would I find out if this new setup is compatible with my engine.

thanks again.