• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Concrete Edging

chasineyes

Is there sod to be removed or not?

If there is sod for them to remove you are looking at $6.00-7.00$ a foot.

If there is no sod to be removed (a new construction job) you are looking at $5.50-$6.50 a foot.

Everywhere is different, but I would say this is a fair ball park figure you could be looking at.

I have a buddy that does this in the metro area. He did my house 2 years ago. I love it! EZ to mow around and looks great. He gave me a heck of a "friends" deal so I'm not sure what it costs. I do know he charges by the foot. He charges more if he had to dig up sod, remove old edging, or move rock. There are many colors and styles that can be done. The machine that lays it down is pretty slick.

Pure, Where in the metro area can you rent one of these machines? I did some online searching and it looks like it can be a DIY job with 3 people. Can it be done with Sakcrete or does it need to be mixed with portland and sand or do I need to order up a cement truck?

I looked into this last summer as well - the quotes I rec'd were closer to the $8-10 range/foot. Way too expensive for what I wanted to do. If you're willing to put in some elbow grease, get a bunch of rocks with a flat side and have at 'er! It looks really nice when it's all done. I got all the rocks from our hunting land up north. For what I spent in gas driving up there, it probably would've been cheaper to just have them delivered.

1_136_.jpg

Wow that looks cool! You know what I would do if I were you! Put some type of sealer on those rocks! It will give them the look you see in this picture. almost as if they are always wet. the color will pop more! Good job!

I would stop at a landscape supply place. I have never used it in my years as a landscaper. Could never talk any clients into it. It looks so much better and the colors pop! An informative sales person at a good landscape place should be able to tell you what works best. Get yourself a chemical sprayer too, that is typically how its done. You just spray it on! The look is amazing!

bnr_SealerBeforeAfter.gif

You can brush it on, but you will probably have brush strokes. the purpose of the sprayer is to get an even coating with minimal running and well no brush strokes wink I am sure a brush would work. but I just know they use the sprayers to spray this stuff on.