• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

And your 2011 Hobey Baker winner is...

solbes

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story but you may want to shift your attention to the window. Major snow goose push happening right now. I've about got this thing in melt down mode trying to decide hockey or field blind for the end of the week.

Byrce, what do you know about the geese situation. I talk to a couple of guys yesterday and they were saying give till middle of next week. These guys are diehards so I figure they would know. I'm pretty pyshce about hunting this year.

I heard the snows for the most part flew over the state but do report. I might make a drive over to Devils lake in a couple of days. Hopefully your brother in law drives careful its getting close to freezing rain now.

He will get into them by the million, always does. Its wear he is from and His buddy lives up there. They do it every year.

Its not too far from devils, an hour or so. He got up there yesterday, ill ask him today if they went out yet.

I lived in Harvey and Fessenden for a few years when it was starting to get wet again in the early/mid 90s. Phenomenal goose/duck country, great for Huns and sharpies, with some pheasants. It's amazing what the sky looks like in spring with 500,000 geese in the air.

It sounds like Devils lake and Minot are having a pretty good veiw right about now smile. Some people are saying the majority of the geese are not even touching the ground in North Dakota. There just flying straight throw.

Better get this back on topic. I saw Andy Meile signed a contract with the Coyotes.

Brooks you better just go to Harvey. My bro in law said the 1 sq mile plat they were on was absolutely full. More then he had ever seen today.

He got 38.

Foss, what the heck were you doing there. I have 5 farms in Harvey, wellsburg, and Anaamose through the inlaws.

My sister inlaw is from Pheasadon too.

Yah, they are pretty cool. Im never much for going for a long time and doing much talking though. Its the same every year. Tons of gear.

I might just go late sunday. Pretty good deals and they dont always charge entry then.

I cruise through pretty quick, I might pick up a new reel or something.

It just a sign of spring for me.

I just found out I have to babysit my daughter thursday, so doubt I will make the games. We will see. I think I might BBQ early saturday and then spend the rest of the day near and at the X.

Im pumped. Thats a perfect weekend.

"]Foss, what the heck were you doing there. I have 5 farms in Harvey, wellsburg, and Anaamose through the inlaws.

My sister inlaw is from Pheasadon too.

Holy crapola! My 2nd wife was a Fessenden girl, and we moved to Fessenden in 1991. Very strange thing is she graduated from Fessenden High (Class of 1977, I believe) with a different guy named Steve Foss, and when we moved there, everybody figured I was him at the start. Lived there and did landscaping, farm labor and dealt blackjack for a couple years, then got into newspapers as editor of the Wells County Herald-Press and moved up to Harvey for a year before leaving for the Grand Forks Herald in late 1994.

Small world, Scott. Lots of great memories from Fessenden/Harvey, most of them hunting and fishing memories.

Makes me wonder who the in-laws are and where their farms are. I might know them, or they might remember me from the newspaper days. Dated quite a nice cutie from Anamoose at UND, too. And, well, I DID marry into a Fessenden family notorious for their wild daughters. crazy

Send a PM if ya want. smile

Depends on how much I consume and who I am with. If they are playing ND saturday and I am at the game with a bunch of dirty Sioux, then im sure I will be caught clapping. If watching from TV. I will bo the Sioux.

If they play the Dogs, I gotta cheer dogs all the way.