• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homefront ps3

DarthBaiter

After reading reviews and checking out my brothers copy of homefront I decided to wait and see crysis 2 was. Boy am I glad I did, so far crysis is awesome. The single player is fun and from what I hear takes a minimum of ten hours to complete. I've only played the multiplayer a little bit so far but it has been flawless. It's almost funny how much better this game works right after release considering how broken black ops still is. I know you were asking about homefront just thought I would give you another option.

Heard on the radio today from a guy at Game Informer that homefront isn't all its cracked up to be. He said he personally preferred Black Ops over homefront. Something about them releasing it to early and also to bland

I think that's more personal preference than anything. Homefront plays more like the battlefield games, not the fast "arcade" action of COD series multi-player. I was hoping for something in the middle. I like the maps, more players and the ability to earn vehicles, plus it seems like there is less aim-assist, which has always been a pet peeve of mine. Have encountered some server issues, but probably less than BOPS. Haven't played the campaign yet, but overall good not great. I'd probably wait a while to pick it up until they release another patch.

Thanks for the info. I do like the battlefield series and can't stand black ops multiplayer, except zombies is ok. The run and gun no skill mp mode of blk. ops drives me crazy. Hookjunior thanks for the crysis 2 opinion. I've been trying to decide if I should get Homefront, Crysis 2 or Kzone 3. If homefront multiplayer plays like battelfield I might go that way. I'm sure a patch will be released soon, it seems to be the norm these days. Looks like fun either way.

What radio station has game informer news?

The run and gun no skill mp mode of blk. ops drives me crazy.

I beg to differ. there are guys who run and gun who are no good at it. and there are guys who run and gun and that is the only way they will do well. Who wants to sit in one spot in a video game?

Run and Gun and being successful = skill

Camping = no skill

I guess what I meant to say is running and gunning is boring after 5 minutes and there isn't much team play with it. It's shoot or be shot or knifed in the back. To each their own. I like the more tactical team play type games. Where you need all types of players from the commando (run and gun) to the medics, snipers, field support engineer for repairing vehicles and gunners etc.... Much like M.A.G. is and BOPS is not.

You must not play black ops with many people. When I play with people (mainly from here) I am always a run and gun kinda guy. Everyone else brings other things to the table.

Most the time I never have to worry about things in the air because guys shoot them down instantly, sometimes before they even get to the map.

Than you have the guys that will hold down a room or area which the other team always goes to every time.

It really puts the teamwork into play, we are usually always communicating and giving each other a heads up that a guy is coming. The guys that run and gun in this scenario typically run around the outskirts of the maps and pick them off while going through their spawn.

Typically we have a pretty good system going on and at times we will lose, but for the most part we go on a pretty good streak. especially in Domination

Thanks for the post pureinsanity. That sounds like it scratches the surface of the teamwork play I like. Using the mics. for positive teamwork is always nice. I don't really have a group of regulars I've played with so that might make a difference by the sounds of it. I like the games that have different classes you need though. Skilled commando's, snipers, medics, engineers/field support. Actual tactical skills you earn. MAG is a great game for that type of play. Plus MAG is up to 256 online players in the battlefield at one time, it's insane and a blast. Those options are not a part of bops unfortunately, but it sounds like you guys at least have some sort of plan or idea. Maybe I'll have to try to find you guys somehow one night.

Anyway, any more reviews on my original post for Homefront?

Thanks for the post pureinsanity. That sounds like it scratches the surface of the teamwork play I like. Using the mics. for positive teamwork is always nice. I don't really have a group of regulars I've played with so that might make a difference by the sounds of it. I like the games that have different classes you need though. Skilled commando's, snipers, medics, engineers/field support. Actual tactical skills you earn. MAG is a great game for that type of play. Plus MAG is up to 256 online players in the battlefield at one time, it's insane and a blast. Those options are not a part of bops unfortunately, but it sounds like you guys at least have some sort of plan or idea. Maybe I'll have to try to find you guys somehow one night.

Anyway, any more reviews on my original post for Homefront?

np I played the MAG Beta but wasn't impressed. I shut it down after 15 minutes. The gameplay was slow. people just sat around and the graphics sucked.

I might try home front this weekend.