• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interior lights

cere19

Does anyone have suggestions for lights that they added to the interior of their boats. I'm searching for lights to add to the interior of a Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 that has no interior lighting at all. It's my dad's boat so I know that he will not want to drill big holes so I'm more looking for surface mount lights. The boat has a switch that is not used currently so we will tie in the electrical to the main panel on the console. Checked the local stores and haven't seen to much so just looking for some good suggestions.

My previous boat didn't have any interior lights. I looked at automotive stores and found a cargo light with its own switch. The boat had an open rod locker and I mounted the light on the underside of the bench over the locker so it would light up the floor area real nice without shining in my eyes. Worked real nice.

I added the "tap lights" to my boat..the ones where you just push on the lens and they come on.

Bought some 3M self-stick Velcro squares and put them on the back of the lights, and on the places in the boat where I wanted lights. The ones I used are 5" across,use 4 AA batts, and usually come in a 3 pack to be used for closets, etc. They give off a nice, soft light....great for my night river fishing. They also have smaller LED ones with brighter lights. At the end of the season, just pull 'em off and use them in the house. grin

I have a Crestliner Sport Angler 1650 and put in 2 sets of the LED rope lights along the main gunwhales, and put a flush mounted light in the bow of the boat. It works great and gives off plaenty of light for hook tying and fish removal. Best thing is I paid a whopping $45 and had it done in about 3 hours. Hardest part is hooking it up to the power. I had a switch for a courtesy light but took a little figuring to find exactly where to hook them all up.