• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner Explorer (Nordic)

amateurfishing

Just got this boat late last year, it is a 16 ft 1984 cresliner explorer. anyone have any info, history, comments regarding this boat? would love to hear from you. wanna know if i got a decent deal or not. im all new to boating this year. 70 hp tilt trim, holds 6 pedestal seats which i hope to upgrade this year. thx

I had the same boat and loved it! smile It was a great fishing boat with lots of storage, live well, seating was good and I really liked the deep motor well for out on Mille Lacs when the waves were so big you couldn't see the boat in front of you as the waves went up and down. They don't seem to make to many boats with a deep motor well like that anymore? confused It is a bit of a heavy boat which is good for fishing but not great for trying to pull the wife and kids up on water ski's. So, my wife suggested we get a new boat and I ended up with a new 17.5' Starcraft. I love my wife! grin

Thats funny!! The reason I bought it was wife said i spent too much time fishing on summer weekends, my answer was everyone is always invited but no one comes (wife, ( 6, 5, 20 mo old kids) and also had 14 ft aluminum at the time. Wife said she aint goin in that...and after she suprised me with a nite fishing trip @ eddys last summer (where she caught 18 & 22 inch walleyes) all fall she said it would be nice for whole family go out together...she hooked herself and i had ok to spend little more money for a much better family boat, this is definetly meant for taking 5 & 6 year old boys out fishing in a very safe boat which i think this is. i paid $3000, hope that was a good deal. only needs batteries and hope to add rod holders, bev holders, and update seats. thx for feedback.