• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Pakashkan, Ontario

Hey everyone... I will be heading up to Lake Pakashkan in late May for a week to do some fishing. It will be my first time up. Just wondering if anyone has fished it and if so do you have any advice as to where to look or how to fish for Walleye and Pike. Also, I am looking into buying a Navionics chip for my GPS to help me locate some spots to try. I am hoping the detail on it is worth it so if you have used that chip on this lake let me know if it was of help. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Not direct info but this may help a bit. My father in law and his brother and some of their friends used to fish it about 10 years ago. They have told me many stories about it! They said they would always fish the wind blown bays and shorline cuts. The fish always seemed to be stacked in them catching all the baitfish that would blow into them. This is fairly true for any kind of fishing up in canada though. It held true at our new lake we now go to up there! They almost exclusivly used plastic minnow style baits as it saved on trying to keep bait and saved a lot of time rebaiting! I will try to pry some tips out of them as they no longer fish up there and may share them!

Awesome! Really appreciate the help and look forward to hopefully hearing back from you. I have heard that tip before as well, fishing the wind blown bays. Lots of big pike in those waters from what I have heard. I'm counting down the days!