• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

M1 .30 CARBINE

My father-In-law gifted me his M1 .30 Carbine last year [ 1944 Inland Div GM ]. The gun is complete w/ 2@ 10 round clips, the original canvas carry strap, canvas ammo pouch, and is in immaculate condition, except for one small issue. The stampted steel front mount that clamps the barrel to the wood stock has some [PoorWordUsage]'s name engraved in it. Does anyone know if OEM parts for these guns are still available? I would like to restore it to period correct specs. I shot it last year and had a blast! What a well-balanced and light piece. Too bad it lacked sufficient knockdown as it carries easy in the field and is simple to operate. A cool gun to shoot though IMO.

I know that there are parts suppliers out there, but I don't know if they sell original equipment (and availability of particular parts would probably vary quite a bit) or reproductions.

Just out of curiousity: Does it look like the PoorWordUsage that has his name on the rifle is the one that actually was issued it? I think that would be a pretty cool bit to leave on if that's the case. It might still even be possible to find the guy...

Tom.

Got my grandpa's carbine he used in WW2 in the Phillipine's, no funky name on it, just a postal meter number, great gun with 15 rd clips, loud, full metal jacket bullets, no recoil, 1 screw the thing comes apart it should really not be allowed for deer hunting I don't think not that we'd use it over our 30-06's. Awesome gun and at a younger age not realizing that about 30 rounds into a huge oak tree and some wind and my dad's favorite tree was down.

Is there a bayonet lug? if so, you will need to loose that, as well as replace the rear sight with a flip style peep. what kind of stock is on the rifle? if it is the fatter "potbelly" type, you will want to loose than and replace with the skinnier version. the pot belly stocks were late/end war, designed to help take the abuse of the full auto M2 carbine.

if you have a pic. I can better help you restore this to WWII specs. beacuse these rifles were issued so long, they were worked on and had post war parts installed on them.