• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gill net found on Winnie with rotten fish!

windsurferlawman

I just spent way more time than I care to admit, reading the posts on this topic. I cannot belive some of the replies. "our fish, there fish, here a fish, there a fish, everywhere a fish fish. With that being said if you find a net with rotten fish in it- You mark the location and call a game warden. If they do nothing about it, you call a supervisor. Let them investigate it and see if the owner died or what. Now if you have a problem with a group of people allowed to net fish-you are not alone-what can you do about it-probably nothing. If you think one should just go to one of the other 10,000 lakes- well maybe one does not feel like going to some other lake. Suckers carp, rough fish- whats the point. Why speculate.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much DNR stocking takes place in the lakes in question to supplant those yanked out in nets?

is there a way to find this out or knowledgable folks on here who might be privy to this kinda info?

I would like to respond to those who say this is an isolated incident that might have occurred under strange circumstances (storm, death in the family, etc.).

As a person who grew up in Northern Minnesota I can say (as well as anyone who has hunted and fished in this area their entire life) that these pictures don't surprise me at ALL. This kind of thing is not all that uncommon.

I've personally seen gill nets washed up on shore on Pike Bay full of fish that rotted with a name and tribal number on them. The only reason I can come up with as to why they leave the name and number on them is that they don't care if they are caught because nothing is done. We've called authorities and reported it. I've also seen the many dump piles in the woods with some fish cleaned, others just left for the eagles and crows.

This kinda stuff happens alot and I'm glad someone posted the pictures so people from other areas can see what I've seen my whole life.