• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowblowers

usmcjsy

I was looking at ATV snowblowers but they are ridiculous in price. The snow has gotten to the point my 4 wheeler cant hardly push it. I was thinking on getting a Berco snowblower for my Craftsman 24hp yard tractor. They sell a model called the northeast or something. Anyway it looks like a behemoth for a yard tractor. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Berco snowblowers..? They are suppose to be way better than the Sears Craftsman ones. My 2nd question is has anyone taken a yard tractor with a blower out on a lake to clear a path to there fish house..? If so how good did it work?

I've been researching the Berco brand with the thought of a new garden tractor this summer. They really throw the snow a country mile and are built like a tank.

The issue I see with them (based only on my observation....not first hand experience) is the impeller speed is almost too high. Get into any amount of snow and it bogs the tractor down. It seems the drive ratio isn't matched with the torque of the tractor or in the case of an ATV mounted unit, the motor that's mounted on the blower. It's definitely a slow and go operation. Or should I say "slower" and go?

For the sole purpose of doing just your property, it may be a good unit.

Ya I hear ya, I figure it may be away to keep out on the ice longer with the perm though. I figure if it can move the snow and I have to burn a hr or so to keep a path open for fishing so be it. Glad to hear I am not the only one thinking of this option. I like the idea of a ATV blower but hey when the blower costs more than the ATV forget it.

You mentioned a good point earlier with the speed of the auger. Could this not be changed by changing the pully size on the auger..? My blower would have to be belt driven so I would think one would maybe be able to change the speed of the auger by swapping out the pully.

That is a possibility on the belt driven models that mount onto an ATV.

Here's a good vid that illustrates exactly what you're thinking of. This set up appears to work great and is powered appropriately. There's a couple spots that seem to bog down a little but not as bad as some other vids I've seen.

I was looking at ATV snowblowers but they are ridiculous in price. The snow has gotten to the point my 4 wheeler cant hardly push it. I was thinking on getting a Berco snowblower for my Craftsman 24hp yard tractor. They sell a model called the northeast or something. Anyway it looks like a behemoth for a yard tractor. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Berco snowblowers..? They are suppose to be way better than the Sears Craftsman ones. My 2nd question is has anyone taken a yard tractor with a blower out on a lake to clear a path to there fish house..? If so how good did it work?

I son't have the berco but I do have a craftsman garden tractor with the sears blower. I bought it 7 years ago after deciding that the blade on the 4 wheeler just wasn't cutting it any more. I didn't have any expectations of the combo lasting very long or performing very well but I have been more than satisfied with how it has performed and held up over the years. The tractor that I have is a re badged husqvarna. Certainly not as stout as the better John Deere models for sure but I have moved a great deal of snow between the house, my shop and many driveways that I end up cleaning while traveling between the two to help out those who are stuck with a shovel.

That Berco looks like a very stout, high quality unit. It sure throws the snow out there a long way.