• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids and Bows

Sand Burr

My middle son Quinn has had a passion to get a recurve bow and shoot like the Indians used to. He made many bows last summer out of trees to pvc pipe and was pretty successful at loosing arrows! So for some silly reason my wife and I decided to get him something nicer to shoot. Finding a recurve bow is not as easy as it used to be. We called many shops in the area and settled in on Full Draw Archery out of Harris MN. Willy, Jason and JT all took time with me on the phone and in the shop to make sure we were getting the correct bow that he could grow into and the set-up was 5 star! We ordered the bow just before Christmas and it took a few weeks to get in. When the call finally came Quinn was beside himself to get there! This last Saturday was the day and when we showed up the great service really started. Jason and Willy took time to show Quinn how to properly string the bow and cover some safety concerns about using a recurve. Jason then took Quinn over to the range and sized up his 6 new custom carbon arrows. Jason put them together quickly and we were now ready for the first shot. Jason covered anchor points and aiming and shortly after the arrows began flying. Quinn had a good hour into shooting before he asked where the other guys/gals were shooting and Willy came out and explained the 3d shooting to Quinn. Willy then took us back to the 3d range while a set of people were shooting and let us observe. The 3d stuff is light years ahead of what I am used to seeing! Quinn then asked Jason how long he could shoot and Jason responds, “Till your arm falls off”. Quinn put another 12 arrows in the target and it was time to go. Before we left Jason handed Quinn a card that gave him 3 free shoots at the range and handed Quinn a Team Realtree hat. I have to admit I cant wait to get back there and shoot with my own bow! It is so nice to find a group of guys that pay special attention to kids and are willing to spend time showing them the correct way to shoot. I snapped a few pics enjoy.

P1220027.jpg

P1220028.jpg

P1220033.jpg

P1220034.jpg

P1220036.jpg