• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for testemonials for local GSP breeders.

Hammertime

where are you located? I have 2 gsp's from ball bluff in Jacobson Mn. They were inexpensive when it came to gsp's and are my first 2 dogs. I trained them both myself and had them out on grouse and pheasants last fall and they did very well, especially the last hunt of the season. They have been awesome family dogs that come with us in the boat,fishouse, or where ever we may be. Both have amazing personalities.

I got my first dog from Ron Stott of Thunderhead GSP's, and I highly recommmend him. He is another WI NAVHDA breeder and has been very helpful to me with guiding me along with training my first dog. I don't know if you are new to dogs or GSP's but either way he is worth checking out. Take your time picking a dog and go with you gut feeling, there are lots of good dogs out there, but also some lemons.

You cant go wrong with the Vetters at Sharp Shooters or Ron Stott at Thunderhead. Those are two of the premier GSP breeders in the country and they are both relatively close. They do not have a lot of litters but if you go to their HSOforum you can check out where their dogs are being studded etc.

I got my GSP from Chad and Jodi Hines at Willow Creek Kennels in Little Falls, MN. I also had him trained by Jodi for 6 weeks when he was 8/mo old. I could not be more pleased with the product. My pup is 13 months old now and he was fantastic this hunting season and he is also a wonderful house dog. I had him out to SD with a bunch of guys and they were all impressed with how well he worked, pointed, and retrieved! Chad and Jodi were wonderful to deal with and provided a lifetime warranty for my dog. They really stand behind their dogs and love what they do.

The nice part about all three of these kennels is they really love what they do and they are more than happy to answer any questions or just talk short-hairs.

I got my GSP from Chad and Jodi Hines at Willow Creek Kennels in Little Falls, MN. I also had him trained by Jodi for 6 weeks when he was 8/mo old. The nice part about all three of these kennels is they really love what they do and they are more than happy to answer any questions or just talk short-hairs.

If I can ask, what did that type of training cost for 6 weeks or a couple months? Flat rate, by the day?

If I can ask, what did that type of training cost for 6 weeks or a couple months? Flat rate, by the day?

If I remember right it is $750 a month. That is everything included...birds, food, etc. The reason I went with Willow Creek for training was a) because I got the puppy from them and I was very happy with that process, and b)they are very happy to customize their training for how you would like to use the dog. For example, I hate whistles...and I don't do field trials so some of the stuff they would regularly train would be kind of a waste. Also, I was having a hell of a time getting my dog started with his heel training and my wife likes to go for walks and jogs with the pup so I wanted them to get him started on training for heel.

My GSP came from Autumn Breeze Kennels (ABK) and I think Ed Erickson is now living near the Hugo area. Great dog and I miss her daily! I tested her in Natural Ability with the MN NAVHDA chapter and saw all of the Sharp Shooters dogs as well and they were excellent.

I think Lynn Erickson also has a kennel which might still be in MN as well and she would have some of the same bloodlines as ABK potentially. Not sure what I can post on here but I think there is a gsp breeder directory HSOforum if you haven't found it yet and you should find both on there. I'd take another ABK shorthair in a heartbeat but I also know I'd do the same for a Sharp Shooter dog as the Vetters were "good" people!.

I put my deposit down on a pup! I went with a litter out of Willow Creek Kennels in Little Falls. A mix of Top Gun Ries Lineage in the sire and some sharp shooters lineage in the dam. They seem like very good people to work with up there and I think that I will be very happy! Born in Feb, home in April!

Awesome! Congrats, Chad and Jodi are great. Charlie is a great dog and my pup is from the same sire & dam as Jasmine. You'll be real pleased! PM me if you have any questions, I got my pup from them last January and they were great, if I ever had any questions they would return my emails or calls pretty quickly.