• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

West Lake

WDH

Got the shack out on friday, and on the eage half on and half off the lake. What a big mistake. Went out on monday, sometime over the weekend we had a ice heave. the half that was on the ice went through and had refrozzen. Took little over 3 hr to chip it out and pull it out of the open hole. then two more hr to replace the runner that I busted getting it free from the ice.

Cut a few test holes on my way out to my site, all the way out the ice was 6in. With the help of my GPS and cam I found the spot I was looking for. 2 more hrs I findly had all my gear and bait out at the shack, and at 4:15 I had a minnow down one hole and a jig tip'd with a minnow head in the outher hole. 4:17 had my first perch, it was one after the outher. It got to the point that I could only use one hole at a time. I lost just as meany I caught. Only caught a few small ones,took home 15 9in-10.5in perch. Lost 3 walleyes on the way up to the hole, lost one in the hole and took one 15in eye home. Would have stayed out longer but ran out of bait, 2 doz minnows gone in less than two hrs.