• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cautionary Lights

GatorBait

Ok, was just informed of a new law allowing ATV's the right to operate on sidewalks and public roads here in Sconnie. Restrictions are that you need a caution light and travel on roads posted 45mph or less.

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas for the mounting of a caution strobe light to the rear of a wheeler. The internetz hasn't been very productive other than one that costs 129.99, thought maybe someone here has a homemade idea or something I could buy that's not overly priced. Thanks.

I did my last safety course this summer and was able to use the local Sheriff's Dept SP500 outfitted with red/blue strobes (LEDs). Talk about a sweet set up. They had a red/blue mini bar mounted on the front rack and a red/blue on the left/right side of the rear fender.

A set up like that I suspect is far higher than what you're looking to spend. But if the object is to be seen, it's tough to beat the LEDs.

You can pick up an older glass style strobe for around $50 according to the first page of a search. It's better than nothing.

For the travel I have to do in my neighborhood on the garden tractor to blow snow I've been tempted to mount something like this up for safety.

I would look for a round strobe light that has a hole in the bottom and use conduit pipe fittings and a flat plate to bolt to the rack. Thats what i used until I was driving in town, going over the rail road tracks and didn't have the plow allway up. Needless to say I didn't have to plow any more.

Tom k I'm thinkin i'll go that route. Seems that's what I was thinking of, I'll have to just put my enginuity to work and make it happen. Ya, good thing about led is that last longer and have lower amperage which is nice and they are very noticeable/bright.

I bought some amber led strobes off of the bay site for 19.99. I use them on my plow truck. They are cheap, and they work. They have 3 different flash patterns. They are made/shipped in the U.S. The set that I bought has 6 seperate lights. The same seller has several options to choose from. He sells some with 2 lights, 12 lights, etc. Shoot me a msg if you want any more details on them.

Dustin