• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Jr 2011 in Buffalo NY

cbrooks

I've had a chip since world jrs 2005 which was held in GF. They booed every US anthem at those games. No Canuck booed by my seats well I guess there was one mad. He wasn't there long grin. Canada did not make any US fans at those games. I just have no respect for there hockey fans. I tell you one thing they hate the fact that US hockey is challenging there nationally sport. Cheer against out team fine don't boo the anthem. I do not like how there blaming there loss to Sweden on Dylan Olsen because ho played college hockey. Its like they don't think that maybe Sweden has a good team and the better team won that game. Sore losers in my eyes. Go US! Go any team playing team Canada.

Can anybody explain whats Canada's hangup on the US? I would love to know.

Correction the US/Canada game is on at 6:30

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are bad apples in every group of fans, Canada just happens to have a sh*t load of hockey fans so more often then not we get to see a lot of the bad ones at these event. However it's hard to argue their passion for the game.

USA vs Canada tomorrow 5:30 out time. Search Veetle on the web if you don't have it on TV. Let's beat those Canucks

Just a quick correction, the game is at 6:30 our time. It should be a heck of a game. Hopefully we can get back Morin and Zucker.

Oops my bad. You got me there.

I got a joke...please don't kill me if I get some of the spelling wrong.

A jewish person, an american and a canadian were riding in a car together and were involved in a very bad accident. The ambulance took them all to the hospital together but they were just barely alive...as a matter of fact they all died in the same operating room while doctors were working on them.

Suddenly the three of them appeared in the clouds at St. Peters Gate and as they approached, St peter gestured to the American and said, "If you give me $50 I'll send you back...your too young to be up here so soon."

The American whips out $50 bucks and...poof. He jumps off the operating table not a scratch on him. The doctors were amazed and ask how come?

He said all he knew was the three of themwere up there with St Peter and when St Peter asked for $50 to send him back...he paid it and...poof! Here he was.

The doctors couldn't help but be amazed and ask him, "you say those other two were up there with you?"(they were on the next two operating tables in the room)The American said,"yes they were."

The doctors then asked, "Well, what about them? Are they coming back too? What were they doing when you left?"

The American said, "Well, all I can say is when I looked back at them just before I left the jew was arguing about the price and the Canuck was waiting for the government to pay his."

Does anyone have any American jokes?

Two Canadians sitting in a bar, and getting bored. They decide to play a game of 20 questions. The first Canadian tries to think of a word and after a little pondering comes up with a word...moosec0ck.

The second Canadian tries his first question , "Is it something good to eat it?"

The first guy thinks a moment then laughs and replies "Sure, I suppose you could eat it.

The second Canadian says, "Is it moosec0ck?"

4-1 loss, we got outclassed in every aspect of that game exept the goaltending. Campbell made some great saves and really kept the score from getting embarassing.

This just kind of lets you know how special last years gold was. Its one thing to beat a very good Canadian team who hasn't lost in five years. It's another to beat them when they want revenge for last years gold medal loss and are coming off a shootout loss to Sweden.

4-1 loss, we got outclassed in every aspect of that game exept the goaltending. Campbell made some great saves and really kept the score from getting embarassing.

This just kind of lets you know how special last years gold was. Its one thing to beat a very good Canadian team who hasn't lost in five years. It's another to beat them when they want revenge for last years gold medal loss and are coming off a shootout loss to Sweden.

Boy you hit the nail on the head there.

They were not going to be beat again tonight by the U.S.

Canada is really at a high point in hockey history right now. We do challenge them in both Jrs and and Olympics and we are getting better all the time but Canadas depth and skill are unrivaled at all levels.

Canada could easily send two Jr teams to this tournament and they would both be among the favorites every year and have a very good chance of getting a medal. To make things even scarier this year Canada has 8 players that are eligible to play in this tournament but ended up making NHL teams. The numbers can vary but this happens every year and Canada still wins a large majority of their games.

As much as I hate to admit it. I don't know if there ever was low point in history since I started really paying attention to these games. Every now and then somebody might get hot and beat them. Canada always dominated I just I hope we can raise to the occasion a little more often.

It would be easier to be happy for them if there fans weren't such donkeys. Thank god Canada is only good at curling and hockey.

Wow those Canucks are really under your skin, eh? Although there are lots of Canadian players in the NHL, the last time a Canadian team won Lord Stanleys Cup was 1993 (Montreal). That's gotta make you smile a little bit smile Gold medals are great, but imagine the irony of the best trophy in all of sport to have a 17 year running drought from returning to the frozen tundra.

I kinda get a anti-American feel from a few of them. There not all like that but the loud ones sure are. I probably should just keep more mouth shut. I just can't bring myself to say congrats to there fans.

I would rather have a gold medal than the Stanely Cup anyday.

As much as I hate to admit it. I don't know if there ever was low point in history since I started really paying attention to these games. Every now and then somebody might get hot and beat them. Canada always dominated I just I hope we can raise to the occasion a little more often.

It would be easier to be happy for them if there fans weren't such donkeys. Thank god Canada is only good at curling and hockey.

I think Canada still has the most Gold Medals in this Tourney but Russia/Soviet Union are right there with them and won a lot of them back in the 70's & 80's.

I just found the link with past winners. The US is slowly climbing the charts but we have a long way to go just to catch Finland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IIHF_World_Under_20_Championship_medalists

US vs Sweden for the Bronze at 2:30 today. Big let downs for both teams to not make the gold medal game so it might be interesting. This game can kind of be a wildcard, in the past I have seen the US come out hard and take a medal home and other years they don't look interested and walk away with nothing.

Oh boy, Sweden is good. I remember watching them last year and they had a younger team in the tourament then so they must have a few returning players on that team. I hope we win but my thinking is Sweden is heavily favored. I think they were pick to beat Russia which they ended up losing in a shootout. i would be more than happy with a bronze medal. Go US.

So much for a repeat. Too bad they don't nationally televise these games. It would be nice to get to see them on a real TV, not clips on my laptop.

I guess I don't see the anti-american sentiment from the Canadians so much. I read the TSN stuff a lot and the guys on there aren't too bad. Mostly just blind faith for the Canucks, Oilers, and Habs. It's kind of funny.

I do hear a lot of rants about hockey not belonging in the south. I can't say I disagree (as long as they're talking about the southern US, not the US in general). I for one would love to see a team back in Winnipeg.

Brooks, I hear you about the Canadians.

I lived with about 10 different Canadians when I attended Bemidji.

They are a diferent breed up there. And yes, almost all of them seem to think they are so much better then the US and bad mouth it any time they can.

I couldnt believe how so many of them are hip hop types.

Too bad the US couldnt put anything together.

3rd place I guess.