• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The end is near for this paddling season

I hope you all have been able to get out and enjoy this falls decent weather. I'll probably still make it out a couple more times over the next 2-3 weeks, but the days are getting shorter, and that makes it tough for quick after work outings. I made it out Tuesday afternoon and fished a smaller metro lake, 14 fish (7 pike, 7 bass) in 2.5 hours was some fun action, nothing very big, but it made up for some recent skunkings.

I made a fall trip up to the BW two weeks ago, shorts and t-shirt weather in Oct was fantastic.

I had this young loon shadowing me for about a half hour.

full-552-2375-img_2473.jpg

Not wanting to hook the thing, I put the rod down and was able to observe it's dives on the Marcum. It was some neat stuff, because for whatever reason it stayed within the transducers signal pretty much the whole dive. I even saw it chasing fish on the Marcum. He repeated it for a half dozen dives or so.

full-552-2376-img_7280.jpg

Fully loaded and on the move....

full-552-2377-img_7280.jpg

full-552-2378-img_7241.jpg

Tomorrow's forecast looks to nice to pass up, get out if you can. Maybe I'll see ya out on the water.

Wow, cool pictures. That is neat to be able to hear that story about the loon too. I'm hoping that tomorrow I get the chance to get out as well. But we'll see what happens. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to get out and paddle this weekend!

Nice report and great photos! It's been a very nice fall and we've been getting the yaks out down here quite a bit. Our water temps are right at 60 degrees, how about yours?

Here's a couple of pics from this weekend. Not as impressive as Duffman's....but I had a good time.

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg