• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October Morson LOTW Report

Had a very enjoyable weekend up at Morson. Weather was "perfect" Fall fishing weather - bluebird sky with a little breeze. We jigged minnows, leftover crawlers and gulp in traditional spots, with the best fishing in 21-33 feet. Caught lots of perfect eater sizes (17-18") and a few of the big ladies.

Duck hunting was poor in our neck of the woods with a few ringbills and mallards - seeing around six each morning. Supposed to be in the 60's up there all week, so I don't think the ducks will be moving. Lots of grouse around, too. :-)

Lots of boats heading to Obabikon chasing crappies, too. Maybe one more trip at the end of October, if life and weather cooperates.

I am going up this weekend for a few days. gonna fish for walleyes and maybe do some hunting whether it be big game or birds. Ontario rifle season opens this weekend for moose and deer. Hope to post a fishing report when I get back. By the way this isnt normal for me to be fishing when hunting season is here. Change of pace I guess. stay tuned!

Good luck B-dude. The camps had fantastic fishing Saturday for walleyes and crappies to the north.

I didn't fish, but Kevin and I shot a good amount of ducks for a couple of duffers. I was actually hitting more than I missed by Sunday morning, including a tripple on redhead drakes! Got our first bluebills and saw some huge flocks to the west. Hope they start rafting up soon.

I'm back up on the 14th. Hope to see you in 2010 sometime!!!!!

Fished the Morson ara this past weekend for two days. Here's a switch. No wind. No clouds. Really comfortable air temps and above average water temps. Weather was beautiful. Fishing was tough. Could barely catch any 'Eyes of any size in the afternoons. Got a few really nice Crappies but no significant numbers. Managed enough for two fish fries and brought some home. It;s never a bad thing to be on LOTW.

Just got back from 3 days on LOTW. All hunting, no fishing. Too rough to venture out far, especially Saturday afternoon in big 25 mph NW winds.

Got a potpourri of birds, from gw teal to bluebills and mallards and you name it. Enough to make it fun for sure. But no big push yet. Still had mosquitoes in the swamp. Too warm, too sunny. Tired of looking into the sun! Haven't even had a cloudy day this month let alone any rain or snow. Grass was still growing in spots up there!

Dog is at 61 retrieves for the season so far. Back up Wednesday night for a LONG stay.

Take care all.

i was up for 4 days last weekend. fished for 2 days, walleye fishing was decent and it was like glass out there for both days and even fishing in our tshirts in October which i have never done at least up there. My dad and I fished a walleye tournament that a few locals put on. I borrowed my buddy's Warrior with a 125 Merc tiller and it wouldnt start for us the on the 2nd day so we got DQ'd cuz we were late for the check in but we didnt have anything big that second day. turns out the battery for the outboard was shot. thankfully I had my booster pack along. I wasnt told that there was a separate battery for the motor so it took a while to find where it was. it was fun though to be cruising 38-39 mph. Shot a few ducks by my folks place one evening. even scored a triple which was 2 ringies and a teal. thought them teal and woodies would have been long gone cuz my dad got a drake woodie that same evening. monday and tuesday we headed west with a big group of guys and hunted deer since it was the Ontario rifle opener. As warm as it was they couldnt let the deer they shot hang very long. 4 nice bucks taken off one island which i thought was pretty good. Of all the miles we logged on the water I bet we only seen a couple hundred ducks. Had sum buddies limit out on crappies in Miles Bay. My high light of the weekend was shooting a 8pt buck on my birthday. not a trophy but gonna taste good. might make a day trip this coming weekend.....weather permitting.