• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector 3x9 scope. Beware!

I purchased this scope to replace an aging Simmons Whitetail Classic on my muzzleloader. It is advertised as having 5" eye relief, and mine came with the multiplex reticle. This scope was right in the middle of my price range, and after reading numerous reviews I decided to try it without going to a store for a "dry run" first. I purchased it on the internet.

I must say that I was greatly disappointed. I have shot a muzzleloader for years, and use it during the rifle season with heavy clothes, resulted in me needing a scope that has an extended eye relief, which I define as more than 3.75".

After receiving this scope I was amazed how clear the sight picture was, and the reticle was perfect for my needs. The scope focused easily, and the finish of the scope was excellent. But I realized soon enough that I had to hold the scope relatively close to my eyes for me to get a full field of view. Oh oh I thought....and upon measuring the eye relief, with a ruler and a pencil against my eye glasses, I discovered this scope had no more than a 3" eye relief. I then went to Richard's (where I purchased this scope) and tried another identical scope and it was the same thing. Very, very limited eye relief. Trying a Nikon Slughunter, which advertises a 5" eye relief as well, I came to the conclusion that Bushnell is indeed misleading the consumer on this specification. I was so impressed with the Nikon Slughunter, I purchased it again.

Buyer Beware!!

Michael Theis

[email protected]