• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Trip Out West

Tubitz

Since you're looking for rentals and going late March, I would say to take a look at Cooke City, lots of people figure Cooke is for extreme riders but that is not true, there's tons of areas to ride that don't include the crazy climbs you see some people run. If you ride hard, you can cover much of what Cooke has to offer in one day but if you stop and play in a lot of the areas, 2 - 3 days would be what it takes to cover it. We've been going there for over 10 years and we still find new stuff, plus, March usually brings out the film crews for snowboarders and snowmobiles.... fun to watch!

Sled rentals and rooms shouldn't be a problem, it gets much quieter later in March than it is early March.

You can rent any brand of sled in Cooke, they do not offer insurance for your rental, you have to line that up before hand with your insurance company or pay out of pocket...... biggest bill any one in our group had was $2200.00 but that was hill climbing where he shouldn't have been, ALSO, don't feel you have to rent the longest tracks either, anything in the 150's should be fine, you get those with the 160 or 170 plus inch tracks and you'll be a whopped puppy at the end of the day.

There are other areas to check out too with rentals ( Big Horns, West Yellowstone, Island Park, Jackson Hole and the Snowies in south central Wy. ) and maybe someone will chime in here about them, I just don't know what they offer in late March.

Mike

1st no matter what get beacons and know how to use them. Bury them in snow and send a guy to try and find it. If you go to cooke Rick from ski-doo could be good help. Cooke offers any kind of riding you would want, except trails. Yellowstone has lots of trails some big play areas and lots of scenery to look at. Pinedale by togowtee not sure on spelling is fun when i was there we did'nt find alot of steep but lots of play areas. I have been to alot of places and Cooke was always my favorite offers every type of riding and your never to far from town. The funny thing you'll learn is going up is easy going down can be the hard part. Going in march you could get every snow condition possible from lots of powder to set up like a rock. You can find some sweet jumps this time of year. I never owned a sled longer than 144 should get you anywhere you want to go especially for your first time. Have fun it's a blast.