• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

7th Annual Spearing Get To Gator....Lake Winnie Area...Dec 18th & 19th

bassNspear

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I talked to dixons tonight, they are catching bucketfull amounts of bluegills, and the northerns are coming in steady and they have had quite a few 10-14pound fish come thru and there will be a guy out their from dixons that will help us pick out spots.

Updated list

Friday Night (10)

Laska

Laska

BNS

Merk

Merk

Merk

Rattle

rattle

Glenn

Glenn

Saturday Night (11)

Laska

Laska

BNS

Merk

Merk

Merk

Glenn

Glenn

Rattle

rattle

Central

Some guys may wanna bring sleeping bags and blankets n pillows, I dont know how they acommodate peeps with blankets n such. If anyone has any ?'s again just ask me, Ill be more than willing to answer your ?'s.

straight from the dixons resort HSOforum... Just to let you know what we are staying in.

This 3 bedroom manufactured home is spacious and has a large kitchen with a microwave, 2 coffee makers and 2 toasters. Its great for the bigger fishing groups with 8 single beds and 2 sleeper sofa's. The bathroom has a tub and shower. Air conditioning and all the comforts. This cabin is fully winterized and is 200 yards from the lake.

The lake their talking about is Dixon's Lake not 3rd river where we are fishing just wanted to clarify that....

I am one of the guys in the pics on their HSOforum. My cousin and I went up there this year for the first time. I got a 10.5lb fish and my cousin got a 9.5 lb fish. The biggest both of us have ever taken out of a lake to date. I also stuck some hammer handles as well and saw a few 5-8 lbers that I let swim through. Lots of big perch and sunfish in the hole too. The water is not super clear though. Kinda murky so I would bring taters or beans to through down to clear it up a little bit. I was in about ten feet and I could not see the bottom without the beans being down. The pike were easy to see though as they were coming in a few feet up.

If we get enough ice by this weekend to drive a truck on I will be going up again on Friday afternoon or Saturday early morning. It was a fun place to stay and the people running Dixon's were very friendly. They even pulled the truck out when it got stuck on a logging trail.

Just wondering how many guys are bringing atv's up there sounds like we have a journey to get to the good spots....

i will be bringing mine with a 2 place snowmobile trailer. was in area this past weekend and little snow on ice.

so now i am confused, we fishin dixon or the 3rd river? dont matter to me! again i will bring fish batter and flour and other goodies. i also have a GPS and winnie lake map but from what i hear the 3rd river doesnt change much. will look at map tonite.

3RD RIVER FLOWAGE BABY!!!! Sounds like the fish are waiting for us and Im PUMPED!!! Should be a blast and now the Nord Lord may make an appearence so we can take his trophy smile if he lets us of course! And now I will be dixons decoy supplier!!

The Trophies!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got them completely done today what do you guys think Id like everyone's opinion.

Places side

2010-12-14184952.jpg

7th Annual GTG Side

2010-12-14184917.jpg

Top View

2010-12-14185054.jpg

I made all these decoys to swim just to let ya'll know their working decoys.

Oooh gotta win first for that one... I aint making myself eligable for these trophies just the nord lord title. So happy spearing to everyone, and hopefully you guys get to take them with some big fish!

Just want to let everyone know their will probably be a DNR guy up there on the flowage checking limits and licenses so make sure you all are legal!! I heard the guy is really really nice so behave and have fun!

and those trophies are only eligable from sat am on right!!!!!!! laughlaugh LOL!!!! bring on the DNR guy! if ya dont do nuttin wrong nuttin to worry about! so that reminds me my 15 year old grandson doesnt need a licence yet, does he? havent really had time to look. figured someone here would know.

I am not sure where the claybanks is at all. We were about 1.5 miles out from the winter access.

They told me that they expect trucks to be able to go out by this weekend with all the cold weather. There was not too much snow on the ice so I am guessing ice is forming pretty quick.