• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All About Carp Seminar 9/18 at Arden Hills

Stick500

For my first post I figure I'll help get the word out to fellow rough fishers about a Carp seminar this Saturday morning. Tom7227 already posted this info on this forum but it's kinda buried in the "If You're gonna kill carp" thread and I think this news deserves it's own thread in the carp section.

BTW, awesome site and awesome forums- lots of great info for this new Twin Cities resident. I've been carping down in the SW WI area for the past 8 years and am now pursuing the mighty behemouths up here. Perhaps I'll see some of you guys at the seminar.

here's the info;

"Back to School" Workshop - All About Carp - September 18, 2010

The Rice Creek Watershed District will be hosting a public seminar on common carp, and their affect on wildlife and water quality. The invasive common carp has been in Minnesota Lakes since around 1900, and have spread across the state through rivers, lakes, and ponds. Carp have drastically altered the ecosystems they inhabit, negatively impacting waterfowl habitat, fisheries, and water quality.

We have enlisted the help of two experts in the field of carp affects on water quality and waterfowl to present at the seminar. Dr. Peter Sorensen (U of M) and Ann Geisen (MN DNR) will teach us about carp history, biology, and their impacts on waterfowl and water quality. Please join us for this very interesting seminar!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

9:00 - 11:30 am

Mounds View High School Auditorium

1900 Lake Valentine Road

Arden Hills, MN 55112

HSOforum; Carp Seminar Info

just as a follow-up, the seminar was really cool

all the people there really seemed into it with lots of questions asked

carp are much more interesting (and damaging) than I imagined

if you want to see the 4 PowerPoints they ran, click HERE and go to the right-hand column on the home page where they have the Carp stuff