• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nomad Fish House Units

Well, work on the Nomad is going as planned and its nice to be building a unit that you can weigh on the bathroom scale. Theses units have no wall studs and about 160 screws in them and the only way you can take them apart, would be to burn them to the ground. The roof of the unit weighs a mere 32 lbs. They should be like dragging your big buck on the ice with skis under him. We should have them completed in a couple of weeks and then I will post some pictures.

The Nomad will now be are 2 Man day House. This unit is not a sleeper, but is a 23 hour rental. 6:00 AM to 5:00 AM the next day. These Units are light weight and can be moved around easily. When we get them finished we will be updating our prices for these on our web site.

$50.00 per day Friday & Saturday for the house.

$25.00 per day Sunday - Thursday for the house.

They include a wall mounted heater, 4 holes, propane lights, propane, chairs & 2 rattle reels. The best part is if you want to move them you can and do it all day if you want.

Nomad Fish House Units

Well, that is and has been the question along since we came up with doing this the last couple of years. First we started with trying to find the right materials that would maintain the integrity of the unit and then how to not end up just building a kite. What we did was make the top light as possible and then walk weight down the side panels and making the floor three times heavier. The end result is we have a house the weighs close to 300 lb.., we know our wheelers will pull them just fine but the goal is to make them pull just as easy with the sled. We know we can easily get to 180 lb., but we wanted to push it as heavy as we thought we could.

When building prototypes you learn as you go and in the worst case we would have to anchor them just like any other portable in high winds. We will be posting pictures of them shortly. The technology is nothing new the RV industry has been doing it for years and you don’t see those big 5th wheels laying on their side. We just had to use different materials do to the amount of moisture and freezing temperatures.

Chris63 I have some pics but I don't know how to get them up on this site. I will have the kid try to get them up.

Mr.Seaguar Folks will bring them back just like we do with are Rent & Go sleepers guys rent.

I just got them up to red a couple of weeks ago and showed them to Jerry the resort owner they should be fun and a different option to road fishing.