• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow on yellow.

Its a very nice shot. Just a few thoughts since you asked for C&C.

My eyes are drawn to the finch and then down and off the bottom. It looks like the sunflowers have had shadow/highlight treatment, all the darks and blacks have been carefully removed. It gives the image an appearance of loss of contrast, the background, sunflowers and finch have all appear to have the same tonal range. That may be exactly what you were looking for, if so it is by no means over the top, but for me a bit more contrast would give the image a bit more "pop".

Thanks for sharing, I did enjoy the image.

My eyes are drawn to the finch and then down and off the bottom. It looks like the sunflowers have had shadow/highlight treatment, all the darks and blacks have been carefully removed. It gives the image an appearance of loss of contrast, the background, sunflowers and finch have all appear to have the same tonal range. That may be exactly what you were looking for, if so it is by no means over the top, but for me a bit more contrast would give the image a bit more "pop".

Thanks for your observation. I do have a pretty good explanation. The conditions were pretty bright when I took this shot, so to avoid blown highlights, I desaturated it just to the point of keeping all the detail. I may have also reduced the shadows a bit much.