• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Apples Wanted, Mankato Area

zzammon

I have 7 trees that we planted about 12-13 years ago. When we planted them, I dug the holes, put in a bunch of dead carp, added some dirt, and put in the trees. HOLY COW did they ever take off!!!!

They all put out apples every year, but every other year they literally explode with apples.

I don't really do anything special. Spray em once in the spring then once later in the year. Trim them in the fall when they get too thick. Then again, I live in SW Minnesota where the topsoil is 3 feet of black dirt. Trees, plants, grass, weeds do real well here.

lol!carp, i'm new to gardening. actualy i am working on one this year for next year. will follow that one next year for i am planning on a couple of more apple trees. pretty sandy here. i have heard of people putting fish in their gardens too,think that would work? plenty access to carp here. thanks good luck.

The carp thing works. As an added bonus you get to shoot carp and have fun.

Tom, iffin you want a bushel or 27 of apples, c'mon down. I have next Thursday-Sunday off work. We can take my boat so you don't have to drag yours down. We may not get any fish but you can take a gabillion apples home with you.

Are you still looking for apples. I will check on my dads trees. He lives in Henderson and I would be willing to bring them back to Kato (I live in N kato). I also have a friend that has 2 trees one is Macintosh and one is Haroldson(?) and I can bring those to town as well. He lives near Glencoe. Let me know. If my dad has some I will bring some back today.

Mike